CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
You will need:
5280M - Saratoga Swirls Cutter
8050D - FW-12 Fryer (electric) or
5099 - Six Cake Funnel Cake Fryer (gas)
Savory Flavors 4lbs or shake on
Use the Thin or Medium Slicing Blade for Saratoga Swirls.
Install the slicing blade in horizontal position inside plate assembly. Push blade all the way up & to the left, in the screw slot, secure with flange nuts.
Adjust the stop collar to allow the Drive Plate Pins to come close but not touch the cutting blade.
To Produce Saratoga Swirls
- Cut about a 1/2 inch piece of the potato from one or both ends.
- Insert metal rod into potato to help stick insert. Insert wood skewer into potato until it protrudes from opposite end of potato about 1/2 inch.
- Feed the long, empty position of the skewer through the slot next to the cutting blade.
- Firmly seat the potato on the drive plate.
- Move the potato and drive assembly toward the blades.
- Start by pressing the two red buttons on the motorized slicer.
- Advance the potato towards the blade until it is fully engaged in the blade system being used.
- Firmly push potato until used. This should leave a small slice of potato on the drive plate.
If the Saratoga Swirls are not loading onto the skewer properly, check the slicing blade mounting and adjust it to its maximum height.
Now fry them!
Spread cut potato on the stick
Fry at 375 - 400 F for approx 1 1/2 minutes.
(Potato size 90 - 10 case count)
- Potato 17 cents
- 18" stick 4 cents
- Oil absorption 1 cent
total 22 cents plus coating cost